Friday 8:30am – 4.30pm Monthly
Amplifon consult here once a month and if you are 18 years and older an appointment can be made by calling reception at Diggers Rest Medical Centre on 9012 7301.
Today one in six Australians have some degree of hearing loss. It is expected that this number will rise to one in four Australians by 2050 as result of an ageing population and exposure to severely loud noise. Amplifon can help determine your type of hearing loss and support you through your hearing health journey.
Hearing loss, also referred to as a hearing impairment, occurs when the ability to hear the sounds around you decreases. It is a common problem that can be experienced by anyone.
It may affect one or both ears, or can arise from an issue within a part of your ear. People experiencing hearing loss may also be able to hear certain sounds or no sounds at all.
There are a number of factors that can cause hearing loss, however age and frequent exposure to loud noise are the most common.
The earlier you are able to recognise hearing loss, the sooner we can help treat the issue. Here are some of the signs to watch for that might indicate tht your loved one has a hearing loss:
• Sometimes, those with hearing loss misunderstand what people are saying, causing some ideas, sentences or thoughts not to make sense, which can create confusion
• Are they tired or fatigued at the end of the day? This may be caused by the extra effort it takes to hear conversations
• They have difficulty following a conversation if two or more people are talking at once
• They no longer enjoy eating out a restaurants because they’re too noisy
• They find it difficult to hear women’s and children’s voices